Seeing Stars Sew Along
I’m really excited to announce that I'm hosting the Seeing Stars Sew Along! I’ve participated in numerous sew alongs over the last couple of years but this is my first time hosting one. I recently did a poll on Instagram and most preferred a longer sew along with fewer blocks each week so we'll take this one nice and slow.
Seeing Stars is a fat quarter friendly quilt. The pattern is well written by my good friend Lindsey over at Primrose Cottage Quilts. I've made several of her patterns and they are easy to follow with great graphics so I'm confident you will LOVE this one.
Seeing Stars can be completed regardless of your experience. There are some points to match up that may challenge the perfectionist in you.
Seeing Stars Sew Along Details
- Dates: September 2, 2019 – November 4th, 2019
- Duration: 10 weeks
- Block Size: 20.5in
- Quilt Size: 80in x 80in
- Week One: Choose fabrics and cut out the quilt
- Week Two: Make 2 blocks
- Week Three: Make 2 blocks
- Week Four: Make 2 blocks
- Week Five: Make 2 blocks
- Week Six: Make 2 blocks
- Week Seven: Make 2 blocks
- Week Eight: Make 2 blocks
- Week Nine: Make 2 blocks
- Week Ten: Sew top together
How to Follow Along
- Follow along on my Instagram HERE and be sure to use the hashtag #seeingstarssal on your posts.
- You can sign up to receive the weekly emails here or RSVP above.
- A new blog post will be up every Monday of the sew along so feel free to check my blog each week here.
Supplies and Fabric Requirements
- I recommend using a 4.5 inch (or larger) Bloc Loc ruler for squaring up the half square triangle blocks. This is NOT required but will make things easier. You can purchase a Bloc Loc ruler HERE.
- Fabric requirements:
- Click HERE for a coloring sheet.
Merchandise and Giveaways
- If you’d like to preorder a Seeing Stars Tee, you can do that HERE.
- I have a few kits available which can be ordered HERE.
- There will be weekly giveaways (including a variety of fabrics, patterns, and supplies), instructions on how to enter the giveaways will be in the weekly emails and blog posts.
- There is one error in the pattern. On page 1 under "From background fabric" the last instruction should be to cut 12 (not 10) 5" x WOF strips and then subcut those into 96 5" squares.
Please feel free to email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions you may have.
I’m excited to see all of the quilts come together. Here's a quick informal intro video from me to you!